It's been a productive week here! First I finished a pair of fingerless gloves, and now this dress. I started out wanting to use some lovely Japanese fabric I had (which I bought at the same time as the yellow fabric I used to make this split skirt) to make Vogue dress pattern V1102.
The one downside of this skirt was that it did not have a center back seam, which in the original is where there is a zipper. I considered making a zipper in the side seam, but from the muslin I made of the new skirt pattern (to see if it would fit the bodice) I found out I can put on this dress over my head. So, I omitted the zipper all together. I also made the ties slightly longer, but other than that made no adjustments - although, as you'll see in a bit, I should have. But first, here are a front and back view of the dress lying down: