I got the fabric a few years ago when I was in Japan, along with several others. It's a lovely cotton with a bit of texture. I am absolutely in love with it, as I am with all the fabrics I bought there. In fact, I've told myself that if I go to Japan again, I have free reign to stock up on as much fabric as I like. It's worth it!
I made the pattern using this tutorial for making culottes (what I call a split skirt) by Petit Main Sauvage. It worked like a charm. The crotch could have been a little less deep, but I don't particularly mind as it doesn't show in these anyway. The only point of criticism is that following this method, the sides are considerably shorter than the front and back before adjusting by hemming - we're talking ca. 5 cm here. I don't know much (or anything, really) about pattern drafting, so I don't know if this was the pattern, my mistake, or my body. If I make something like this again, I will already adjust for this at the drawing stage.
As you can see in the side view to the right, the closure isn't very neat, although it looks a lot better when I'm wearing it. I also, unfortunately, couldn't find a zipper in the pale yellow shade so I settled for the darker yellow that occurs in the pattern.
All in all I am very happy with this project. It will look very cute with for instance a simple white blouse. Now if only the weather would cooperate so that I could actually wear it...
WIP-list is down to 14. Made good progress on the fingerless gloves I unearthed last week, and it's one of the contenders for the next project to be finished.