On the evening of the 23d of December, after I suffered a minor carbon monoxide poisoning and called the emergency services, the gas to my flat was turned off. And when I say 'my flat' I mean 'the entire building in which I rent a flat'. Ten fire fighters, two policemen, an ambulance and three people from the gas board were involved. So this means no heating, no hot water, and no cooking. Until the landlady has all the problems fixed that the gas board identified, the gas won't be turned on again - that's what happens when they report a carbon monoxide poisoning. Best case scenario: gas is restored to us middle of next week. Worst case scenario: I don't want to think about it. In the meantime, I've moved into the studio appartement of my boyfriend - not ideal, as it is tiny, but at least it's warm - while shuttling back and forth to my place to receive the various specialist, landlady, gasboard, etc. Not a lot of crafting has happened the past week, is what I'm saying, and I don't expect a lot to happen the coming week either.
The good thing: I took the Star Wars blanket to my boyfriend's place. Finally making good progress on that.